We take your business to the cloud!
“The first step in your business continuity plan”
Most companies must have a cloud migration strategy. The cloud is simply better than on-premises, and not only because of the lower costs, there are many more advantages that you can discover with us.
What services can I migrate to Cloud?
You can migrate linux based services from any existing cloud provider that has a similar offering on Linode. Bring over your e-commerce sites, logs, apps (Rails, Flask, Go, Django, PHP, etc.), cloud storage, and anything else you can run on a typical compute instance.
Types of Cloud Migration Tools and Services
Consider the following services found in the previously mentioned categories:
– Data transfer services
– Network transfers
– Cloud migration services and devices
Benefits of cloud migration
1. You need to reduce operational costs while increasing the effectiveness of IT processes.
2. Your clients require fast application implementation and deployment and thus want to focus more on development while reducing infrastructure overhead.
3. You need to establish a disaster recovery system but setting it up for an entire data center could double the cost. It would also require a complex disaster recovery plan. Cloud disaster recovery systems can be implemented much more quickly and give you much better control over your resources.
4. Tracking and upgrading underlying server software is a time consuming, yet an essential process that requires periodic and sometimes immediate upgrades. In some cases, a cloud provider will take care of this automatically. Some cloud computing models similarly handle many administrative tasks such as database backup, software upgrades, and periodic maintenance.
5. Capex to Opex: Cloud computing shifts IT expenditure to a pay-as-you-go model, which is an attractive benefit, especially for startups.
Why migrate to the cloud?
Should your application stay or go? Legacy applications, or workloads that require low latency or higher security and control, probably should stay on premises or move to a private cloud.
What’s the cost to run an application in the cloud? One of the primary benefits of a cloud migration is workload flexibility. If a workload suddenly needs more resources to maintain performance, its cost to run may escalate quickly.
Which cloud model fits best? Public cloud provides scalability through a pay-per-usage model. Private cloud or on-premises provides extra control and security. A hybrid cloud model provides the best of both, although performance and connectivity may suffer.
How do I choose the right cloud provider? The top three cloud providers — AWS, Microsoft and Google — generally offer comparable services to run all kinds of workloads in the cloud, as well as tools to help you efficiently move apps there. Gauge your specific needs for availability, support, security and compliance, and pricing to find the best fit.
Tell us a little more about your business and how we can help you!